Three Day Advanced Horticultural Training Course
NQF EQUIVALENT OF:
(NQF 119711 / 264241 / 116220 / 264179 / 119703 / 119695 / 264258))
Price : To be quoted
Enquire about our early Bird Specials
(10% discount for each enrolment thereafter)
Course Duration : 3 Days (08:00 am – 16:30 pm daily)
* Subject to change
Next Scheduled Date : TBC
Location : Durban, Sandton & Cape Town
Enrolment Form : 3 Day Advanced Horticultural Training Course
- 3- Day Hands-on Training by well-known Horticulturist & Green
- Industry Trainer – Judy-Panton Jones
- Course Material & Samples
- Refreshments & Snacks
- A light lunch each day (Subject to change)
- Course Certificates x 2 (Attendance & Course Completion)
- To establish a good understanding of the basic horticultural principles to be used in good gardening techniques.
- A clear understanding of how plants function i.e. roots, stems, leaves and seeds for propagation.
- A practical understanding of the soil types in your garden.
- Understanding the major plant nutrients and how they affect your garden.
- A clear understanding of the role that insects play in our gardens.
- Practical tips for developing easy and effective maintenance procedures – yours and clients gardens.
- Practical plant propagation principles.
Introduction to Programme & Course Objectives
- Explanation of day’s proceedings, length of sessions etc.
- Course objectives
- Horticultural overview
- How plants work
Session Three: Propagation methods using the above
- Garden Soils
- Compost making
- Sands, Clays and Loams
- Improve your Soils
- How to make and use compost.
- Understanding fertilizer formulas
- The Big 3
- Fertilizer types
- Synthetic or Organic what we use
- Pest Diseases and Treatments
- The integrated pest management system
- Protecting your plants
- Common garden pest
- The Gardener’s Allies
- Garden Diseases
- What is a weed
- Why AIS’s are a problem?
- Why go indigenous?
Please complete & return Enrollment form to ensure your booking is secured – seats are limited!
Landscaping/ Installations/ Consultations/ Quotes/
Siya Gumede: 082 447 4824
Public & In-House Training/ Correspondence Courses & Related
Cherie Guiet: 067 193 2047
General Office Enquiries:
031 705 3852
Director/ Owner of JPJ Landscapes:
Judy Panton-Jones: 084 518 7589
17 Daphne Neal rd,
New Germany 3631