3 Day Landscape Course | Installation & Maintenance for Supervisors & Managers
NQF EQUIVALENT OF:
(NQF 66589 / 66649 / 67424 / 49668 / 264192)
Total Cost : R6,500.0
This is an exciting new course that provides upskilling for maintenance managers / supervisors on overseeing sites from an installation & maintenance perspective. This course is run by trainers who have managed many sites over the years & are able to impact managerial skills to improve production.
Enquire about our early Bird Specials
(10% discount for each enrolment thereafter)
Course Duration : 3 Days (08:00 am – 16:30 pm daily)
* Subject to change
Next Scheduled Date : TBC
Location : Durban, Sandton & Cape Town
Enrolment Form : 3 Day 3 Day Landscape | Installation for Supervisors & Managers Course
- 3- Day Hands-on Training by well-known Horticulturist & Green
- Industry Trainer – Judy-Panton Jones
- Course Material & Samples
- Refreshments & Snacks
- A light lunch each day (Subject to change)
- Course Certificates x 2 (Attendance & Course Completion)
- What constitutes a good garden and an understanding of the main elements that make up a good garden, which relate to delivery and consistent excellence of work.
- As site supervisors / managers – knowing your job related activities and good execution of managing the landscaping sites.
- How to achieve perceived delivery utilizing labour and an understanding of their jobs.
- How to efficiently plan daily, weekly and monthly programme of works, which include installation and maintenance activities.
- A good understanding of planting procedures which include combination planting and how a garden is structured.
- How to plan and structure daily routine maintenance delivery and materials to be utilized.
- How to introduce staff training (on site) and building relationships.
Developing an understanding and methods for rating your sites.
DAY ONE – Site Management of staff & supervisors
1.1 JOB FUNCTIONS & SITE EXPECTATIONS
1.1.1. List job functions (daily, weekly, monthly) activities
1.1.2. List installation site expectations (daily, weekly, monthly) activities
2.1. HOW TO UNDERSTAND THE GARDEN JOBS TO BE PERFORMED I.E. ACTIVITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES –
2.2 DELIVERY & EXCELLENCE OF WORK
2.4 BASIC GROUND RULES & PRINCIPLES OF DESIGN (Installation & Maintenance)
2.5 POWER POINT PRESENTATION
3.1 SITE DELIVERY & EXCELLENCE OF WORK
3.1.1. Methods to apply – Practical Exercises
3.2. KNOWLEDGE OF THE JOBS TO BE PERFORMED
3.2.1. Labour activities & monitoring performance / delivery & agreed on
3.2.2. Writing job descriptions for staff on site
3.3.3. Practical Exercises
3.3. PROGRAMME OF WORKS
3.3.1. Planning site activities – Practical
3.4. WHAT TO DO & WHEN: PRACTICAL
3.5. IMPLEMENTATION EXPECTATIONS (GOALS & OBJECTIVES)
3.6. SITE PREPARATION – EXPECTATIONS
3.7. POWERPOINT PRESENTATION
DAY TWO – Installations
4.1. KNOWLEDGE OF PLANTING PROCEDURES
4.1.1. Trees & Shrubs – Top & Middle Storey
4.1.2. Ground Covers – Bottom Storey
4.1.3. Fillers, Annuals, Perennials & Cutting Procedures
4.2. SITE PREPARATION
4.3. TREE & SHRUB PLANTING PROCEDURE
4.4. TREES & SHRUBS – TOP & MIDDLE STOREY – PRACTICAL EXERCISE
4.5. GROUNDCOVERS – BOTTOM STOREY – PRACTICAL EXERCISE
4.6. TRANSPLANTING PROCEDURE (PRACTICAL INPUT & DEMONSTRATION)
5.1. TYPICAL DAILY ROUTINE FOR SITE RUNNING (PRATICAL)
5.2. TOOL ALLOCATIONS & PROCEDURES (PRACTICAL)
5.3. REGULAR MAINTENANCE PROCEDURES – MEASURING INPUT
DAY THREE – Maintenance
6.1. MAINTENANCE PROGRAMMES
6.1.1 OVERALL MAINTENANCE:
188.8.131.52 SOFT LANDSCAPING MAINTENANCE:
• Bed spaces
184.108.40.206 HARD LANDSCAPING MAINTENANCE:
• Gravel Areas
Please complete & return Enrollment form to ensure your booking is secured – seats are limited!
Landscaping/ Installations/ Consultations/ Quotes/
Public & In-House Training/ Correspondence Courses & Related
17 Daphne Neal rd,
New Germany 3631