Advanced Horticulture Course
Total Cost : R2,970.0
Course Duration : 8 – 12 months
Submissions = 4
Any Location : Online Course
Enrolment Form : Advanced Horticulture Course
- To establish a good understanding of the basic horticultural principles to be used in good gardening techniques.
- A clear understanding of how plants function i.e. roots, stems, leaves and seeds for propagation.
- A practical understanding of the soil types in your garden.
- Understanding the major plant nutrients and how they affect your garden.
- A clear understanding of the role that insects play in our gardens.
- Practical tips for developing easy and effective maintenance procedures – yours and clients gardens.
- Practical plant propagation principles.
Module 1: Plants and propagation thereof
- How plants work
- Roots, Stems and leaves
- Propagation methods using the above
Module 2: Soils and composts
- Garden soils
- Compost making
- Sands, clays and loams
- Improve your soil
- How to make and use compost
Module 3: Fertilisers
- Understanding fertiliser formulas
- The Big 3
- Fertilizer types
- Synthetic or organic
Module 4: Pest and weed management
- Pests, Diseases and treatments
- Integrated pest management system
- Protecting your plants
- Common garden pests and garden diseases
- The Gardener’s allies
- What is a weed, why are AIP’s a problem and why go indigenous?
Landscaping/ Installations/ Consultations/ Quotes/
Siya Gumede: 082 447 4824
Public & In-House Training/ Correspondence Courses & Related
Cherie Guiet: 067 193 2047
General Office Enquiries:
031 705 3852
Director/ Owner of JPJ Landscapes:
Judy Panton-Jones: 084 518 7589
17 Daphne Neal rd,
New Germany 3631