Landscape | Installation & Maintenance for Supervisors & Managers Course
Total Cost : R6,500.0
Course Duration : 12 – 18 months
Submissions = 4
Any Location : Online Course
Enrolment Form : Landscape | Installation & Maintenance for Supervisors & Managers Course
- What constitutes a good garden and an understanding of the main elements that make up a good garden, which relate to delivery and consistent excellence of work.
- As site supervisors / managers – knowing your job related activities and good execution of managing the landscaping sites.
- How to achieve perceived delivery utilizing labour and an understanding of their jobs.
- How to efficiently plan daily, weekly and monthly programme of works, which include installation and maintenance activities.
- A good understanding of planting procedures which include combination planting and how a garden is structured.
- How to plan and structure daily routine maintenance delivery and materials to be utilized.
- How to introduce staff training (on site) and building relationships.
- Developing an understanding and methods for rating your sites.
Module 1: Garden elements, jobs and work delivery
- Main elements of garden /landscape + exercise
- What makes the landscape a good garden? + exercise
- Your job perception, functions and site expectations
- Understanding activities and responsibilities of sites
- Delivery and excellence of work
Module 2: Design, preparation and expectations of site
- Basic ground rules and principles of design – to apply in installation & maintenance
- Site delivery and excellence of work + exercise
- Knowledge of jobs to be performed + exercise
- Programme of works + exercise
- What to do when + exercise
- Goals and objectives
- Site preparations and expectations
Module 3: Planting, transplanting and preparation
- Planting procedures
- Site preparation
- Tree and shrub planting + exercise
- Groundcovers + exercise
- Transplanting procedure + exercise
- Maintenance procedures – measuring input vs output
- Maintenance schedule
Module 4: Maintenance, staff management and relationship building
- Succession planning
- Building effective staff relationships + exercise
- Staff component and on-site training + exercise
- Site rating system + exercise
- Management approach + exercise
- Client relationship building
Landscaping/ Installations/ Consultations/ Quotes/
Public & In-House Training/ Correspondence Courses & Related
Courtney Rogers: 067 193 2047
General Office Enquiries:
031 705 3852
Director/ Owner of JPJ Landscapes:
Judy Panton-Jones: 084 518 7589
17 Daphne Neal rd,
New Germany 3631